Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Greve and Weekend

(we wont pay for their economic crisis)




So you know how last week i said there was a forecasted strike for last thursday? Well in fact it happened, videos to be posted somewhere at some point in time. And today i went to the uni and ;y psych class was cancelled once again last week the prof was sick, today she was there but not teaching because she was striking-- sweet life for the french.

But anyways my seminar at the uni was cancelled and so I stayed around here for the celebration of the January birthday with some more of the galette, the cake that is popular throughout the entire month of january even though its supposed to be for epiphany, but hey,

anyways friday i went with the fam to a horse show which was mildly amusing for sure. Saturday i went into the ville to just hang out and run some errands like buy books and whatnot. After 2 months of searching for boots i finally found some! And they were only 15 euros! Quite exciting! Then Michelle called with plans to make dinner and we did, we made spinach artichoke dip and mich made lentel curry, and casabaums made apple sauce and it was all delicious and yay. Im sorry this is vraiment rambly im trying to watch a movie for class and uploqd pics to facebook at the same time.
Anyhow after that Laura and I went to the Folle Journee, a classical music concert which in our case was a clavecin concert-harpsichord apparently.

Sunday my host fam had a shit ton of people over because of some prayer singing catholic get together thing- very eloquent as i am. There were a bunch of kids over and after eating so so so much my host sisterm her friend elisabeth and I made crepes with the little kids- for the little kids mostly since even my ability to cook out does a 6 year olds.

Well I have class in about 15 mins but i hope all is well state side- we had a tiny bit of snow fall last night! Reminded me of home-thats what my host mom said-so i wouldnt be homesick haha

4 comments:

  1. girl, tell us what classes you settled on! i need to stalk you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mwcat who are you?

    And to answer your question- havent quite decided because Oh the french like to riot and strike and so i havent had 2 of my courses more than once yet...sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that you're taken up cooking. I suppose that you were in the spirit of riots, fires, and strikes in France.

    ReplyDelete